I Don't Believe It !

I opened and hooked up my 4.1s to my computer today, i cranked them up for about half an hour and guess what, it has actually started to sound much better. Previously i had packed up the system because it sounded really crappy. But now there is only one problem, the system has a high pitched noise from all the channels specially the front right. The sound is something like a contant "eeeeeeeeeee", this noise is coming from the tweeters only. The noise doesn't happen right when the system is turned on. It needs a good 10 minutes or so before the noise becomes loud enough to notice. Secondly, when I unplug the three other channels, the noise virtually goes away. When I plug in another channel, the noise gets a bit louder, until all three others are plugged in and it's at its loudest.

I wish i was doing electronics engineering, i definately would have fixed it, but alas i am not. I am going to show the system to a local electronics store, i hope they can come up with a fix.

Has anybody else ever had this problem before?

One more question, the rears seem to be significantly louder than the fronts, is that normal?

Don't forget that you can adjust the volume of the rears with the "surround" volume. After all, that's its sole purpose, so go ahead and fiddle around with it. Also, cornerload that thing if you can. You'd be surprised at how much lower the bass extends and how much better it sounds.

Hmmmm, have you tried switching the satts around to see if the eeeee goes away?

yeah i have tried corner loading and it really helps to improve the bass response but unfortunately my room here at home doesn't allow me to do that. However, ill be going to my room in the hostel in a weeks time, i can't wait to hear the bass when i place the sub in the corner.

btw i gave my 4.1s to a local electronics shop and they tell me that its a manufacture fault with the biasing circuitry in the sub. I hope it gets fixed because the constant whining from the satellites really annoys me...

I hope so too. Remember to fiddle with that surround knob. My rears are positioned farther away from my desk, whereas the fronts are ON my desk, about 3 feet from my head. As a result, I get better mid-range response from the fronts, and great highs from the rear. Fiddling with the rear control gets me the best combo for a great overall audio sound.

• 3 weeks later...