Aiming tweeter for the RCR-5 for surround

Doozer

I just installed a pair of RCR-5 in ceiling speakers for my surrounds. They are right above the couch because my couch is up against the back wall. they sound good, but I am wondering if anyone else out there has experimented with these speakers? they have an aimable 1" tweeter. just wondering what other peoples preferences are, and if they noticed a dramatic change by aiming the tweeters at the listening position or in other directions. unfortunately my room is not quite the ideal room, but than again whos is?? Thanks,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

are you happy with your rc-5's? i'm considering using them as you did as my surrounds due to room/kid/wife limitations . 2.gif

i would assume the normal rules would apply for placement - slightly behind the main listening position?

have you encountered any strange effects due to their height? i have quite low ceilings so i'm hoping that won't be an issue.

what are you using for the rest of your setup? i'm pretty much decided on rc-7, rb-75s in the front, with the rc-5's as surrounds. if they work then maybe i'll look at another set of rc-5's in the back.

thanks for your help!