Audio closet cleaning... equipment for sale...

sfogg

Following the tradition of offer audio stuff here first before Audiogon or E-bay I need to do some serious closet cleaning.

Not sure if anyone will be interested in any of this but as a start:

Curcio Audio Engineering CD12V tube DAC. Great sounding tube DAC with plenty of output to drive a passive pre-amp easily. Can be setup for either 12AT7/E81CC or 6DJ8 tubes, has Mullard E81CCs in it. Additional AC filtering in the chassis as well as extra RF suppression for the chips to lower the noise floor further. In a simple black rack mount chassis that I had used for another project so it has an unused switch on the front panel and a couple of extra holes (3) on the rear panel. New owner could remove the unused switch and wire in a passive volume control to feed an amp directly in a single source digital system. Single coax S/PDIF input, if you need a toslink input you would need something like a Midiman adapter which are around $50. $600

Details at:

http://www.curcioaudio.com/cddes_3.htm

Audio By Van Alstine Fet Valve Phase Bridge

It performs the same function as described here http://www.avahifi.com/root/equipment/bridge/index.htm

but is done with AVAs Fet Valve (tube 12AX7) circuitry and is no longer available. Was nearly twice the cost of the solid state version when I bought it. I used it to run a pair of modded Stereo-70s as phase bridged mono-blocks which really took those amps up to another level... far far better then just strapping them for mono. $300

Philip Sound Enhancer IS-5021. Sort of a swiss army knife for audio processing. Does sample rate conversion, A/D, D/A, spatial processing, dynamic range expander/compressor, bass/treble, noise reduction, mono to stereo, fades, digital volume, low pass noise filtering and so on. See:

http://www.kabusa.com/philips1.htm#TOP

The 5022 and the 5021 have the same features. The 5021 is in a different chassis and have consumer S/PDIF input/outputs instead of the pro AES/EBU in/outs on the 5022. $300

(2) Marantz MA-500s THX Monoblocks 125w each

Details at: http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/PowerAmps/Marantz/MarantzMA500.shtml

$150 each

Burwen DNF-1201 Dynamic Noise Filter. Well known 'click and pop' reducer for records. Wood side panel version $35

Dynaco PAT-4 Haven't tested it so I don't really know if it works or not. The tape/monitor switch doesn't stay in the tape position. Best offer.

Advent Model 100 Noise Reduction Unit. This is an outboard Dolby noise reduction system for tape recording. I haven't tested this either so best offer.

A couple of maybes for sale that I'm not sure I want to part with.

Meridian 565 processor. Fully loaded with THX/DD/DTS 7.1 processing and latest software with Meridian System Remote. Tri-Field processing for music is an advanced type of processing to take advantage of PWKs recommended 3 speaker (or more) listening setup.

Marantz 10B FM only stereo tuner. Have two spare NOS CRTs, a spare set of newly built opticouplers, as well as 21 spare 6JK6 tubes which are fairly hard to find and getting expensive.... the 10B uses 9 of them.

For more details or pictures of any of the above e-mail me at sfogg@attglobal.net

Will consider interesting trades and I am looking for single/pair of La Scala and a pair of Heresies for surrounds but other Heritage speakers or equipment considered too. Offers of a beat pair of Heresies for the Marantz will be respectfully declined. :)

As I dig through the audio closet I'll see what else I have to go.

Thanks,

Shawn

The Burwen is spoken for.

Also found a pair of Audio Control C-131 30 band 1/3 octave constant Q EQs. RCA and XLR input/outputs, selectable subsonic filter and an EQ level control to better compare the sound of the EQed vs Bypassed sound. The C-131 is a single channel EQ so a pair is needed for stereo. $225 each.

EDIT: Dynaco is spoken for now too.

Thanks,

Shawn