Did it hurt more that time?

iXtreme

I am curious if anyone here has been as lucky with their pro's as I've been with mine?

I must admit, I've been pretty hard on my pros. They have been taken to outdoor parties on many occasions where they end up finding themselves almost cranked up full. They've been in my basement too where they also find themselves as loud as they can go.

The amp plate has been so hot I can barely touch it (very seriously hot)more times than I care to remember.

After all this they still play flawlessly each and every time I sit at my machine. I am no easy listener and only cut back on the volume when the sub starts to flutter etc....

Anyone else have close to 3 year old pros that have been to h3ll's gates and back on many occasions and lived to tell about it. Lets let the people at klipsch know we thank them for such a rugged speaker as a whole...

Man I beat these things up really badly3.gif. These things are tough.

p.s. If these speakers needed bandaids for every time I hurt them mine would be dead and buried.12.gif

• 2 weeks later...

HeHeHe, thats kinda funny but no, me no work for Klipsch. It would seem all people here who baby them also lose them. Spare the rod, spoil the child I guess. I am so hard on my 4.1's it's a crying shame. They still sound and work like new. Sub output is kinda whimpy and very often farty:) but always has been and so are all other "sub"woofers in the 6-1/2" range. All in all, it's been a great PC setup with only a few glitches but they fixed themselves with super high output and massive distortion. Simple to use and operate but I hate those silly 1/8" mono jacks. Gonna do some surgery to them and switch them to spring terminals. Mesa happy for almost 3 years now:). Look at my "member since" date. I had them for a while before that date. A few months or so if I remember correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey ixtreme. I have also had my klipsch 4.1 promedias for over three years also. I will have to agree with you also, the speakers are wonderful and ive abuse mine exactly like your talking bout. There really one great speaker for the computer i dont think you can hurt them. lol. Just writing to let you that i have had just as good of luck with mine as you have had with yours.

• 4 weeks later...

It would seem all people here who baby them also lose them. Spare the rod, spoil the child I guess. I am so hard on my 4.1's it's a crying shame. They still sound and work like new.

I EXTREME UR EXACTLY RIGHT. I am also very abusive to my 4.1s also. I guess thats true cause everyone on here who baby there speakers have problems. I like the saying too dont worry about cut them up it wont hurt the speakers...but they might hurt you.... as far as hearing goes lol .