New Alternative Music...I need Help

cluless

----------------

On 9/5/2003 7:31:29 PM synthfreek wrote:

Uttlerly fascinating look at everything from footage of Fabio when that goose hit him in the head. Bloody.

----------------

Kinda off the topic on hand, but since it was brought up, I so remember that incident! I was actually there when that happened! What I would have given to have had my camera there, but I did not have it 7.gif.

It happened on the ride Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg in Williamsburg, VA on a gorgeous late March morning in 1999. It was the media/press day for the grand opening of this brand-new ride (and what a ride it is - definitly one of my top ten favorite coasters).

Me and a couple of my friends were standing at the exit watching for the train to come back in. We wanted to see Fabio's expression of the ride. When the train came back in and we saw his face completely covered in blood, we were all like "WTF?!?". At first we thought he bled his nose and was like "haha, look - this big supposed "hunk" and super-model of a guy got a friggan nose bleed on a coaster ride!" We later heard that he got creamed in the face by a a goose - so the running joke was "Hey, lets ride Apollo's Chariot - DUCK DUCK - GOOOSE!!!". We did ride the coaster later that same day, and sure enough, at the third drop leading down to the lake, there was a dead goose floating in the water under the track.

Since that fateful day, they now have "goose netting" in the areas of the lake around the coaster to prevent geese from going near the ride.

But, I digress....

BTW, speaking of alternative rock - did anybody get a chance to check out that new "A Perfect Circle" album? I saw one review that said it was actually quite good. I am a fan of A Perfect Circle and will have to check out that album.