Front left speak faded, speaker crackles :(

Ever since i got my pro-media 4.1's (a year ago in july), i have felt sort of dissapointed. Since i have got them, such problems like heavy heavy speaker crackling whenever i turn the volume up/down, and my front left speaker has for a little bit now been drastically un-proportioned sound wise with the front-right speaker, you can tell a big difference when you have the volume slightly low....

Before i got the Klipsch speakers, i had long pondered getting the Altec Lansing THX speakers. Im wondering if i made the right choice..... Has anyone else experienced these problems i have described? Thanks...

-SL

p.s.: any way i can exchange my 4.1's for the 5.1's for better luck? LOL :P

This message has been edited by SL on 05-24-2001 at 01:04 AM

If your speakers are a year old, then they're probably the Klipsc v2-400, not the Klipsch 4.1's ... (the Klipsch 4.1's only came out a few months ago, correct me if I'm wrong) ... You should be able to tell if you have the v2-400 by seeing if your "Control Pod" has an ON/OFF switch, and a headphone jack / Line In. If it doesn't, then chances are its the v2-400 ... The v2-400's Control pod has crackling problems when you change the volume. I'm told its due to dust getting into the connection ... Some people have said continuous turning of the knob can help to resolve this, maybe you can also take some Air-In-A-Can (Dust-Off) and try to push the dust out of the Control pod ... The volume issue with the left being lower than the right is due to the pre-amp. Its just the way the pre-amp works, and usually should be resolve by increasing the volume to about 1/4 or more. Then lower the volume in your Volume Control on the computer to the mix that you like.