RCW-3

chizler77

I am needing to complete my home theater system with rear surrounds. My system will have RF-3II's and a Klipsch Center. These three visible speakers have stretched my wifes tolerances for visible speakers. I therefore need to put in wall spakers for the surrounds. I am considering the RCW-3's. I see where they are rated at 50wpc. I will likely drive the system with a Denon AVR-1804 rated at 90wpc. If these won't work, any recommendations?? Does anyone have any experience with the RCW-3's and higher powered amps driving them? Thanks for the help.

Hi, Chizler:

I have a pair of RCW-5's in the rear wall channels of my 7.1 HT. Their power handling capacities are identical to those of the RCW-3's (50-watts max continous, 200-watts peak). Rated at 8 ohms, I drive mine using a Pioneer Elite receiver (see list below) that has the potential output power of 130-watts RMS (continous) per channel (at 8 ohms). I listen to my movies and music at fairly realistic levels. Given the good sensitivity rating of the RCW-5's: 94db @ 1 watt/1 meter (93db for the RCW-3's), it is quite believeable that the speakers will seldom ever see 50 watts input, let alone their maximum rated input of 200 watts. It is my opinion that the RCW-3's should be an excellent choice for your system. Ours sound wonderful. I do know that my wife likes the looks of our RCW-5's that are in our basement HT enough that she said she'd like to see them eventually replace all of the tower and satellite speakers we have in our upstairs livingroom. I highly recommend them to you. Best of luck! -Picky 2.gif