Tangent 30s

wjaco

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum...I'm pretty much a Polk guy but did recently buy a Quintet outfit for the bedroom and have enjoyed them immensely...I'm getting into the "Klipsch sound!"

I was in a pawn shop the other day and found a pair of Klipsch Tangents...I think after looking at the site they are the Tangent 30. Smallish floor standers - 2 8" woofs and pretty big horn loaded tweet. They looked like they have been there for awhile so I am thinking about picking them up and seeing if I can beat down the 125.00 asking price. Of course I will have to go back and have them hook em up first and make sure they are not blown - cones and surrounds looked OK but you just never know.

My question is this - I see lots of reference here to the old heritage speakers, but nothing about the Tangents? Are they not well thought-of (or are they just flat worthless?).

Thanks!

----------------

On 9/21/2003 9:20:30 PM wjaco wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum...I'm pretty much a Polk guy but did recently buy a Quintet outfit for the bedroom and have enjoyed them immensely...I'm getting into the "Klipsch sound!"

I was in a pawn shop the other day and found a pair of Klipsch Tangents...I think after looking at the site they are the Tangent 30. Smallish floor standers - 2 8" woofs and pretty big horn loaded tweet. They looked like they have been there for awhile so I am thinking about picking them up and seeing if I can beat down the 125.00 asking price. Of course I will have to go back and have them hook em up first and make sure they are not blown - cones and surrounds looked OK but you just never know.

My question is this - I see lots of reference here to the old heritage speakers, but nothing about the Tangents? Are they not well thought-of (or are they just flat worthless?).

Thanks!
----------------

O, yes. I bought a pair in a pawn shop for $50! I still feel like I was taken. Somewhere in my files I have a letter from PWK expressing his opinion of them after the company was pretty much out of his control. It is nothing that could be made public. I think these were primarily made for shipment overseas to military installations. Could be wrong.

I fiddled around with mine. I added a couple of Heresy crossovers and midrange horns (outboard, on top), sending the tweeter signal to the Tangent horn. They are still awful but we use them for TV surround back in the bedroom. I still have less than $100 in them.

Beware.

FATHER BILL+