Wall/Ceiling Mount a Heresy?

jelliott100

I bit the bullet and bought another pair of Heresy II's as surrounds. It's looking like I'm going to have to mount them either very high on the wall or on the ceiling and somehow angle them down toward the listening area.

Anyone have any experience with mounting Heresy's? Any specific bracket or shelf design recommendations? I've seen several brackets that claim to be rated for 50lbs but they sure look weak when I think about them holding up a Heresy.

I was going to go with a nice, simple to mount pair of RS-3's, but no....I had to have more Heresy's. I sure hope these things are worth it!

------------------

--Elliott--

This message has been edited by jelliott100 on 05-29-2001 at 08:07 PM

Elliott,

I've got both the RS-3s and Heresies for surrounds, so I feel your pain! My room's not yet done, so they're only mounted temporarily. My original Heresies, that I had in college, were hung from the outside rafter tails for parties - I put big eye bolts in the sides and hung them from rope... hey, I was young. I'd sure not deface a Klipsch like that now!!

Do a search for a thread a few months ago, entitled "what's up with the visit to Klipschland" or something like that. Or do a search for "klipsch photos" in the General forum. You should find a thread in which many of us posted photos from a trip to the factory and theater room. The eight Heresy surrounds were mounted on relatively simple plywood shelves, angled downwards. They consisted of a bottom shelf, a back piece, and a triangular piece on either side (with a small trim strip on the front edge of the shelf, to keep the Heresy from sliding off). The photos should make this more clear than I'm explaining it. Smile.gif

In my HT room, I'll end up laying the Heresy surrounds on their sides (for space reasons, but they sound great that way too) in the rear room corners, just below the ceiling. I'll be using a shelf similar to those I described, just made wider to accomodate the on-its-side Heresy.

They'll be worth it!

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

Ross,

Heh...well, at least I'm not alone.

I found the pictures you were referring to and that looks like the way to go. I'll be laying mine on their side as well since I don't want to have to worry about people conking themselves on the head when they walk in the room.

My relatives are going to think I'm nuts when they see these things hanging off the wall. Heck, they already think I've fallen off the deep end on the whole home entertainment gig. Sometimes I wonder, myself. I'm begining to wonder if it ever ends. Will I ever be "finished" building this system. Frankly, I thoughtI WAS finished and had planned to start spending more money on software but then I see this pair of Heresy's and all reason just flys out the window.

I know what's coming next, too. That RC-3 is just not cutting it against four Heresy's. I need to pick up another pair. That way I can use one for a center channel and one for 6.1 surround, cause I know I'll be looking at upgrading this receiver soon, I mean, it turns 1 year old on June 1'st for crying out loud. It's ancient!! I think my only saving grace here is that I can't get a Heresy within 3 feet of my TV without magnetic fields wreaking havoc. But wait, I can solve that problem with an RP TV or better yet, an FP! Oh the glory of an 8 foot screen with a CRT FP unit and Heresy's all the way around.

I have a sickness. Please help. God Bless.

Speaking of the Klpsch trip. I can't beleive I missed out on that!! I'm in Dallas, a mere 4 or 5 hours away. Hopefully there will be another someday and I can make it. It looks like you guys had a great time!

------------------

--Elliott--