Tangent 500?

dgb

Hi all,

Come a across a local pair of Tangent 500 for under $300.

Searched and didn't find too many opinions on them. Any owners? How are they compared to say the Fortes or Chorus? Are they an upgrade from KG4s?

The price seems great. Only draw back is they don't look nearly as nice as the Heritages.

The Tangents seem to be the bastard step-children. They appeared for a couple of years then disappeared and there's hardly a mention of them in this forum. I've never heard them. However, my gut tells me that they will not sound anything as nice as the Forte or Chorus speakers.

Doug

When I was buying speakers long ago, I bought the Tangent 300s. I listened to the 500s as well, but the 300s sounded better even thought they were not as loud. The 300s actually had deeper bass, even though they were smaller. I was happy with these Tangents until I heard the Chorus IIs for the first time. Wow, no comparison. I immediately bought the Chorus IIs!! It has now been 10 years since I bought the Chorus IIs and I have yet to hear a speaker that I like more, and I have listened to a lot!!! If I were you I would pass on the Tangents. The Tangents are great speakers (after all I thought they sounded better than any other brand speakers the dealer had which is why I bought the 300s). But, for Klipsch speakers the Tangents are pretty low on the totem pole.

Regards,

Sean

• 1 month later...