Anyone have a spare tweeter diaphragm for Forte I?

RobBeam

Broke off the wire connections while working on the speaker. Didn't think it would be a big deal ... just call Klipsch and buy a new one but was told they were back ordered and when I asked for a general idea on how long til they'd be available was told 'anywhere from a day to a year'. Not quite the kind of customer service I used to get when I sold Klipsch way back when ... or even when I had to order parts just a few years ago.

Guess with PWK not looking over their shoulders any longer customer service isn't as big a priority. Too bad.

I could probably repair the one I have ... or more accurately .. I could have someone else repair it but thought I might get lucky here. Might have some old Klipsch stuff for trade .... might even have a spare mid diaphragm (cost a bit more than the tweeter I think) I could trade but I'd have to plug it in to make sure it works.

You can post here or email direct at rob@musictoday.com

thanks in advance for any help

Rob

I'm not quite sure what is going on. I bought some Quartets recently with bad tweeters.

I called up Klipsch parts department. The fellow there told me they have to be made up in the factory and it might take two weeks. So I ordered four, and they arrived ten days later. I've not taken the speakers apart.

The invoice says they are

127103/02

K-72-K

There was an installation instruction sheet. On one side it indicates they are for:

K-71,72,74,75,76,79,80,81,82,83-K

On the other side it says they are for:

K-71-H

K-71-K

K-72-H

K-73-K

K-74-K

K-75-K

K-76-K

K-79-K

K-80-K

K-81-K

K-82-K

K-83-K

Note there is the inclusion of the two -H.

I see on the product section of the website that the Forte take -75 and the Quartets take -76.

So, what they sold me should fit your unit.

Maybe I got the last of a production run, or they come from someplace else and the gentleman was mistaken, or things are backordered from being made up. Let me post this. Maybe we can make a deal.

We'll have to investigate whether your midrange diaphragm fits a Forte II or Quartet.

Best,

Gil

Thanks for the reply Gil ... I'll check but the mid diaphragm and the little pile I have of klipsh memorabilia is a part of a stash we were allowed to grab when the shop I was working part time in college closed down. Thinking I wouldn't still have the instructions.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find them or maybe someone on the forum might be able to give us some knowledge here. Anyone?

Anyone from Klipsch monitor this board and can give anything a little more specific than 'it might be a day or a year' before the diaphragms are off backorder??

Don't get the wrong idea.

I can send you one diaphragm for the tweeter so you can fix up your system as a swap for whatever you have for the midrange with paperwork, if found. Good suggestion and I'll take you up on it.

The bigger issue is that we here on the forum exchange information on availablity, what fits where, how to make the installations, etc.

The new Klipsch organization has not been very good with such information. There once was a section of the website which listed replacement parts and it evaporated. Too bad.

The lack of information on spares and replacements is somewhat understandable in that replacement parts, cross references, fielding phone calls, etc. are not profit center. In fairness to the new organization, PWK didn't give us much info on home repair either.

I'll have to scan the installation instructions and make it available. Let me suggest that if anyone gets a nice paperwork tidbit on parts, cross reference, etc. they do the same.

Gil

Thanks for the offer Gil but I think I'm set. Have one diaphragm on the way and am going to order another one or two tomorrow as spares ... I have four fortes in my 6.1 setup and nothing I've heard that I want to replace them with so want to make sure I don't have to rely on Klipsch to continue to offer support.