Anyone familiar with RT Bozak B 302A?

RobBeam

Had a great rummage sale find today. Huge sale they have every year and I was about to leave when I saw this big guy staring out the door of the last building I hadn't been in yet. Called a friend who found a pair for sale for over 1200 online. Since it was a big old speaker they charged me a whopping ten dollars. Picture here and in the posts that follow are before any cleanup but it's actually in really good shape and sounds amazing ... been listening to it with my little adcom setup upstairs set to mono for a couple of yours and really a nice sound. Going to work on a couple of the little finish problems tonight and clean the grunge off the components tonight.

Found some info on one of the larger speakers they put out that uses more of the same drivers and they were pretty advanced for the time ... found another link that suggested that PKW had a lot of respect for Rudy Bozak the founder of the company.

Anyway, sorry it's a little off topic but I was excited and there just aren't that many places where you can go on about this kind of stuff without people's eyes not rolling back in their heads.

post-8112-1381924983496_thumb.jpg

It's even better when you go back the next day (because you obsessed the entire previous night wondering if you had looked for long enough) and find the sequential serial number mate under a stack of furniture in the back probably destined for the junk yard. Minor surface problems but a little better than bozak number one and it refinished pretty nicely I think (photo attached).

I'm sure these things sat in someones basement dormant for decades but they sound stunning.

I have to excercise a lot of self control to keep from wetting myself every time I look at them.

The pix don't really convey it but they're really big. A few inches shorter than my fortes but the fortes look small in comparison overall.

post-8112-1381924983717_thumb.jpg