suggestions for center and surrounds for KG 4's ??

wbwb71

I'm looking for some suggestions for center and surround speakers to match my KG 4's. Based on the responses to a similar question about KG2s it looks like I might want to stay away from the current RCs?

also, i'm looking at marantz, HK, and Denon A/V receivers. (currently have a 1985 carver receiver) any thoughts on how they might match up? i'm not really considering a sub woofer at this time.

thanks!

wb

There's been a number of posts on this very subject. You might try searching the forums using KG4 as a keyword Smile.gif

If you don't have room for another KG4 as a center, see if you can find a used KV-2 or KV-3. They sometimes pop up on this board or on e-bay. They are no longer in production, but were designed to be a close match to the KG4 as a center channel (and close match is what you are looking for). Aside from that, I believe the current match is the SC-1, although some have reported acceptable results with an RC-3.

Surrounds -- If you want a single speaker that will work well for both HT and surround music, you would probably look at the SS-1. However, if you want to listen to mostly music in 5-channel surround, go with a bookshelf speaker like something out of the KG1 or KG2 series.

Denon goes great with Klipsch.