Niro TWO 6.1

danechristian

----------------

On 11/13/2003 2:18:45 PM danechristian wrote:

im sure that you guys know already about this product. did anyone have a chance of listening to this new way of having a home theater?

im just curious about it.

check it out

----------------

Here is a review of it in Sound and Vision Magazine. Looks like it got a pretty decent write up, but than again, just about anything gets a pretty decent write-up in that mag.

I don't know, I am still pretty skeptical of those setups that try to get full 5.1 or 6.1 out of one or two speakers and subwoofer. The only thing that I have listened to that is similiar to this is the Bose 3-2-1 setup. Yeah, it works somewhat, and it produced a pretty decent sound, but not anything near what you can get out of even a decent HTiB setup, such as that Samsung/Klipsch SK-6 package, especially for the asking price. However, it is definitly better than just listening through the TV speakers.

I guess if space is such a premium, or you got a spouse that just will not budge when it comes to setting up speakers all around, than I can see the appeal of such setups. They would definitly be better than just settling for whatever comes out of the TV's built in speakers.