Which Sub -- on a budget.

pennektj

Frankie is right. The Rythmic amp is a very good amp. I have one and it has survived incredible abuse. I had mis-wired my AV-15 sub by inadvertently connecting the Rythmic amp leads to only ONE of the AV-15's voice coils which presented the Rythmic amp with a 2 ohm load, which of course it is NOT rated for. In that configuration it was probably trying to deliver 760 watts or so and was clipping like a bastard, no doubt. I drove that thing for about a month like that, eventually frying the AV-15 due to the resultant amp clipping from trying to drive a 2 ohm load. The amp survived though, and I'm presently using it for something else. Rugged. A lesser amp would have started smoking...

You get adjustable rumble and frequency extension settings as well.

One other thing. With subs, especially, it is a good thing not to short-change yourself on amplifier power. Bass lovers (such as myself) often tend to push their subs to their "limits" and one thing you do not want is a lot of amp clipping going on. Clipping=distortion=possible fried driver. Best to have some reserve power to handle the stress on the amp that those low frequencies produce. If you have some reserve power you can handle transient response better. More is better than "just enough".