ProMedia 4.1 and SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Platinum

tayhuck

Can anybody tell me the best way to marriage these two together? What settings should the sound card be set to? What should be plugged in where? I hope this isn't too difficult to explain. I would greatly appreciate any help in optimizing these.

Thanks,

Or does anybody know any good articles about this?

I got the SBLP5.1 too along with the Pro's 4.1,they do sound great together...

You need to plug in the "green" plug of the pros to the soundcard's output "line out", then plug the "purple" pro's plug to the soundcard's ""rear out".

Then turn your PC on and open the Creative program and choose "soundBlasterlive" then open the "Surround Mixer", once there,click on the "speaker" button, then choose the "4 speakers" option... and enjoy!

You could also add a "center" speaker for a 5.1 analog surround (thats the way I got mine set up, with the 4.1's for front and surround and the ACS48's as center set), if you get an additional set of 2.1 speakers, you would plug them in the Digital/analog(center) output of your soundcard for what some fellows call "6.2" set up (6 speakers, 2 subwoofers),but in reality it is 5.1 analog surround sound, and by the way they sound just awesome!.

Well I hope this helps... have fun.