KSW-10 no worky no mo.....

Six

I have a KSW-10 connected to (Y connector) to a Denon

AVR-3300. I purchased a nice entertainment center, tore

all my gear down and back together again. And now my

sub isnt working at all. I am totally bummed, I checked my connections made sure they where they should be, ohmed out my monster Y connector cable no breaks. Check reciever setup sub is selected.

Only thing I know to do is take the sub and reciever to someone that has another reciever and sub to do a checks and balances to see which is not working...

reciever or sub... Totally bums me out was working the

last time I used it. Alot of lightning storms this past weeek, but I would think If I took a hit my other gear would be out also... (Switch for sub is on, I chked that to)

Any suggestions please fire away.

I'm speculating here...The Denon 3300 has pre-amp outs on it for all 6 channels. To see if the sub out is the culprit, try connecting one of the other pre-outs (like left front) to the subwoofer, set the front speakers to large, and see if you get sound out of the sub. If you don't, you might double check to see that the pre-amp outs on the Denon are working by connecting them to a tape deck (if you have one) and putting it in record mode to be sure there is a signal coming out. If those are fine, then it is probably something in the sub. Try hooking speaker level inputs to the sub (again, after setting the front speakers to large) and see what you get.

Just a couple ideas to help eliminate sources of problems.

Doug