CP1 - worth it?

RageV

Short and sweet question..after watching the BS on this board(y'know...midrange this, BA this, free whatever) I have two things to say and one question. One, the 400s were great for the price I paid for them and they have never failed me yet. Any upgrades, from the very nature of the word, could never be for free, since a product defect only entitles you to a working replacement.

The question is...is the CP-1 worth it? No one I've seen has bulletproof answered this question, or even got some kind of unofficial poll going. I'm not bitter about about the 4.1s, since I liked the originals from day1, but I would like to know whether the CP-1 makes a difference in sound quality. All the blue LEDs in the world don't make a difference to me(although it would make difference to the shiny bauble fixated rds who live with me.)

Thanks

I have one and am pleased with it. I don't think it was a waste of money. The speaker on/off is nice, the headphone and line-in jacks work as promised, and the higher gain is really nice. The entire unit seems much sturdier and tougher, and as far as sound quality goes, I think it sounds better, but that could just be because I rearranged my desk. I don't know if someone with more experience has it, but they probably would be a little more helpful.

I just got my CP-1 and I like it. I just broke my original Pre-Amp so I desperately needed a replacement. The little extra features are great, especially the headphone jack and the audio in. What Blue LED are you talking about? My new CP-1 only has the original Green light, and then it turns to Red when you turn off the speakers. I have noticed a improvement in sound quality to. Overall, I am happy with the new CP-1 Pre-Amp, if I didn't absolutely NEED one, I probably would have not upgraded. Is it worth it to spend $50 on it if you don't Absolutely need it, No, you wont notice it that much. So, if you have the $50 to burn and nothing else to buy, Go for it, if not, It's not that big of a deal.

------------------

Beeker25

------------------------

People can be classified in 3 catagories; Hookers,Pimps,& Truckers.. Which are you?