denon 2200 and bass management

roy

I was wondering i anyone on this site has bought the denon 2200 universal dvd/dvd audio/sacd player at all and if they could tell me if they love it. I was wondering specifically about the bass management on this unit if it works on sacd and dvd audio analog outputs to the receiver? If anyone can tell me great..also I have a yamaha surround receiver and I was wondering when you have a universal player like the denon wit bass management capabilities supposedly for all formats, which do you use, the receivers bass management or the players? does one override the other. i realize that my yamaha rec does not have bass management for sacd or dvd audio on the analog 6 ch inputs from what i gather...I hope one of you audophile experts ca help me... thank you1.gif

The Denon's bass management works for the 6-channel analog outputs, which should be used for SACD and DVD-A only. Use the receiver's bass management for Dolby Digital and DTS, via the bitstream signal, unless your Yamaha is very old. Remember to switch audio inputs on your receiver when playing movies and high resolution audio.

I have a similar Denon (DVD-2900) and couldn't be happier with it.