The best way to mate the KSW-10 & KSW-15?

corriero

I currently have a KSW-10 and recently purchased the KSW-15. I have the ten in my bedroom, roughly 15ft. x 15ft., my room also has hardwood floors and acoustic dampening walls (ie. Plaster of Paris type substance over wood slats). Can anyone recommend the best area(s) in the room to position the two speakers? What benefits does stacking have over not?

I would not reccommend stacking the two, you could end up with standing waves, which will tend to lower your bass output. I would set the 15 where it sounds best and then experiment by moving the 10 around the room. Once you get the best overall bass response... X marks the spot!

Putting both subs in the same corner will result in the greatest Quantity of bass, but not necessarily the greatest Quality. For that, try the old trick of putting the sub where you sit and while it plays, wander around the room near the walls and listen for the most natural bass. Reverse the sub and your listening position and you have a fairly good start.

Now, to MATE a KSW-10 and KSW-15, start with soft lights and Saxuality by Ms. Dolpher on the system...