tubes recom. for MX 110, please

st. patrick

hello all, after tripping across this site looking for speakers, i got bit by the tube bug and decided that not only did i need some cornwall's but that i needed some tubes too. ultimately i got a mcintosh mc2105 amp from a guy selling his cw's but got outbid on the cw's ( a recurring theme, or so it seems) and then got a mcintosh MX 110 preamp/tuner. i know the amp is ss but the other sites said it was a great combo, and said the magic setup was to match them with some cw's. i enjoy alot of different music but prefer 60-70 folk and rock, country western for the last 15 years, some jazz and classical, almost anything but techno and rap.

i do not know squat about tube rolling...but from reading posts by guy, allan, craig and some others here, i get the distinct impression that particular tubes can improve the sound and others just leave you sort of so so. may i please have the voice of experience on how i should set this up.

currently i have the choice of JBL 4311's, JBL L100's or Snell Acoustics E's to play them thru. for vinyl (on the way from dave in new orleans) i have an old dual TT but need recommendation on cart/stylus (have not used in approx 15 years as my then young daughters "helped" me play it several different times...and i replaced them several different times before packing it away). was gonna get a denon 2900 but the recent)and only one i ever looked at) issue of the absolute sound gave me pause. may wait to see what happens in the sacd, dvd-a wars. please be assured that any guidance will be much appreciated, patrick