harman kardon avr 65

wheelman

I have an onkyo for my main receiver i heard the 601 and own the 501. I just bought my brother the hk 65 used. I hooked that up to my klipsch's and i was shocked at the quality of music that came out of that receiver. I am hk fan forever. Onkyo's sound like crappy entry level sony's compared to that older hk. I just can not beleive how smooth and it is. I just wish i bought it for my self. Damn i never heard my horns sound so smooth and detailed never fatiguing. I can't turn it off or give it to him and he want's it tonight. I have yet to hear a denon with my klipsch's. The sound has got to be about as good as gets for my taste. I'm scared to get a denon and then have to sell for the hk. I am defenitely getting a different receiver now i know what hk sounds like with my klipsch's. It sounds just as good as seperate audiosource i hooked up to my old sony. And that sounded great just different tastes. I got my money on hk from now on unless i hear a denon sound sweeter. I think i may have found the sound i have been searching for close enough. To bad they still don't make them. I watch pirates of the carribean it sounded great. One catch crossover is 100hz to the sub. I had a hole their with my sub at 80hz and it still sounded good. I have to set my sub and check it out before giving it up.8.gif I don't know if i can go without that sound now. Onkyo just seems lame now. I can't beleive i am even saying that. But hk is that good for my taste. I would love to hear denon though. Denon or nad just may change my mind.

----------------

On 1/9/2004 8:03:18 PM wheelman wrote:

I have yet to hear a denon with my klipsch's. The sound has got to be about as good as gets for my taste. I'm scared to get a denon and then have to sell for the hk.

----------------

I have a Denon AVR3802 and it sounds fantastic with my Klipsch RF-7s. However, as good as that was, then I had to go and hook up a B&K Reference 200.7 amp (using the Denon as a pre/pro). As a result, I am $3,000 lighter in the wallet 6.gif, but holy $#!+, that sound! Un-friggan-believable!

How about this - let your brother have the Onkyo and you keep the H/K 2.gif.

No i wouldn't do that to him i am pretty honest. I told him i would buy it for him and i did. I got it for 200 dollars shipped to. It ways like thirty two pounds to. I got him a pretty good deal and i was happy to do so. I am listening to my onkyo now it isn't bad just don't have that sweet sound. Does denon have just a sweet sound and warm and full. Because i can get them cheaper than hk. I was thinking of getting the new hk 330 or the denon 1804. But to get a good deal on the denon their is know return. I know the hk throws a heck of a soundstage. I think the amp is equally as important as the speaker. Just my opinion