Can't get any sound from new RW12-need help!

jabaker

I just recieved my new RW12 today-I had been using a 100 watt Kenwood Sub that has been working w/RF35,Rb35 and RC35.It sounded decent.I have my Onkyo 701 speaker configuration as such:RF35s Mains,set to small-RB35 surrounds set to small-RC35 set to small and rear surround set to small also-Subwoofer is set to on,crossover to 80-I cannot get any sound when I turn the sub on and do a test on all my speakers.The sub main switch is on and the auto is set to on,volume is set about half-Ihaven't messed too much w/phase or crossover on back of sub-ANY SUGGESTIONS would be welcomed!

Make sure you have power. The LED will either be red or green, but it will be on!!! Make sure the MAIN power switch is turned on (think you said it is, though) But again, the LED will be on - Red means no signal (Sub in energy saving suspend mode) Green means ready to go

Also, DON'T forget to turn the volume control on the right side UP! It's funny, I didn't even notice the volume control for about an hour after I installed mine (black blends in with the black cabinet) Luckily, it was turned 3/4ths of the way up - if yours is all the way down, you'll get virtually zero output from the sub. If the power, and volume are adjusted, and still no sound, read below...

How did you connect the RW-12? Does the Onkyo have an LFE or subwoofer output or did you use speaker wire and the post connections? IF you're running a patch cord to the LFE, and the above suggestions don't help, try switching from the LFE to the INPUT, and then turn your Lowpass control all the way to 120 hz to maximize output from the subwoofer (generally not desirable for long term listening)- just to see if it is indeed working!!! If you connect to the LFE, the RW-12's Lowpass is bypassed and does not function.

Also, usually most Home theater receivers/amps have a means to adjust the relative levels of the various speakers - on my Dynaco, subwoofer level ranges from -10 to +10 Turn the subwoofer level up and then test! Just be careful with your main volume control, though. I must say though, that I've not been able to overdrive the RW-12 - it goes to a certain volume level and that's it - the benefit of an integrated amplifier/speaker system.