KSW-300 Noise Problem

halfclue

I have a KSW-300 with two Belle Klipsch. I probably need to get a new subwoofer, because I can hardly tell it's on. But, at random intervals, the subwoofer makes a deep, thumping noise. What could it be? To get rid of it, I have to unplug the subwoofer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First, your Belle's are rated down to 45Hz. Have you worked with with any of the controls on the back of the sub? I'd work with the crossover frequency first since your speakers will produce good loud bass probably down to about 60-70 Hz. You want your subwoofer to pick up about there and not try to have it "compete" with the Belles bass above that. Have you adjusted the volume control on the sub? You also might want to try to put the sub in a corner if you haven't already since that will increase bass output. There are also several ways to hook up a sub, based on what other type of equipment you have and what you are using it for. Sorry for all the questions, but when you said it makes a "thumping noise" I'm not sure if it is working to some degree and it is hard to hear or if there really is a problem with it.