Rip Noise when starting DVD

Hello again...

I'm getting this loud quick rip noise coming out of my speakers when I turn on dolby digital or DTS. Its when I turn on my DVD player and it plays the disc (The actual Movie, not the intro/menu) I have never heard this in my life... I dunno where its coming from beaucse almost all my components are under 1 year old.

Im using JVC 701bk DVD player with DolbyD decoder (Dolby & DTS out, Harman Kardon AVR 110 Receiver, and Klip Quintets set, no sub.

Never heard this before and I hope it isn't serious, and thanks

JPK

i've occasionaly heard a 'squeek' or 'chirp' sound come from some receiver/dvd combos when the dvd player FIRST produces the dd/dts signal. don't know for sure what causes it or if you're experiencing the same thing, or how to prevent it (except maybe replacing the cable (dig.coax/dig.opt.)) that you're using. avman.

What you are hearing is probably the receiver's decoding circuitry locking onto the Dolby Digital or DTS bitstream. The auto detect circuit is not fast enough to lock on without allowing you to hear the noise. No harm from this, merely annoying.