Static

Jacko

I was listening to some music on my system when all of the sudden my rear right speaker when totally wacko. It sounds like the buzz on a TV when you dont have any channels on, the static sound. What happened? Around the same time the other speakers seemed to be like bottoming out and are a little staticky also and I didn't have the volume on much at all. FYI, I am using the stereo on my Sony computer with the two inputs from the sub connected into one and put into my headphones jack on my CPU. Thanks for the help!

(After I read all the other problems with these dumb speakers on this site I am thoroughly disappointed with Klipsch. My uncle gave me this set a few motnhs ago and from what everyone is saying on this board, the sound is good but it doesn't last. How can they charge $300-400 for a product like this and have faulty amps and static problems? I know every product isnt going to last forever, but I would have expected these things to last more than 2-3 years. As of right now I am never recommending any more Klipsch products to anyone.)

• Moderators

Jacko,

We have sold thousands upon thousands (upon thousands...) of multimedia systems since the v2-400 in 1999, and this forums represents a handful of those consumers.

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but please understand that all of our products do not have known problems!

Have you tried unplugging the system from the source completely and reseating all connections? Is it the speaker that's the problem, or the channel it is connected to in the subwoofer? Have you double checked all the wires for any damage?

I did all of the things you just said and my other speakers are sounding fine right now, but my rear right is still wacko. I will work on seeing what else I can do. Sorry I was just a little angry cause I love the system and didnt want to have to lose it for a dumb thing like this. I am reading the other posts and will use their fixes and get back to you with the results. Thanks for the quick response.