How would you rank these...?

texas42

From the following Klipsch Models, how would you rank these (1 being best).

Cornwalls

Chorus

Forte

KLF-20

KLF-30

RF-7

Trying to get a feel for what people think of the relative musicality of these speakers. I've owned the KLF-20s and Cornwalls from this list, but not the others. You can rank them twice if you consider one better for home theater and another better for straight two channel. Will be interesting to see the responses...

Regards,

Dave

I owned Forte's (purchased in 89) until I traded up for the Chorus II's (purchased in 96). Personally I think they are very close, with the Chorus II's being a bit more "up front" and dynamic. Either one would be a great choice IMHO... particularly if you like to listen at louder volumes on occassion.

Edited: Just as a follow up... I've never heard Cornwalls and I've only listened to the KLF's briefly in a store. I've listened to the RF-7's as part of a HT demo room and they were very good. But can't comment directly on their 2-channel sound as they were paired with a way too loud sub.

Tricky question - I wonder how many people have heard them all? I cant rate them for home theatre except to say I have heard an HT setup with KLF30's and it was as explosive as I imagine anyone could want.

Cornwalls - never heard it.

Chorus - only heard it once - prefered the Forte but that could well be the underlying electronics and room - 3.

Forte - depends on the music, for rock - 1 - its as good as any rock speaker I have ever heard. for classical - 3. OVerall it is the one I would choose, however, out of all of these, excepting the Cornwall.

KLF-20 - prefer this over the KLF30 musically - seems better balanced to my ears. - 4.

KLF-30 - its my least prefered Klipsch speaker for music of any form I listen to - 5.

RF-7 - the "next best thing" to heritage IMHO. Can sound great - 2

Summary:

Cornwalls - not rated.

Chorus - 3

Forte - 1

KLF-20 - 4

KLF-30 - 5

RF-7 - 2

OF course this is all in my opinion and based on listening sessions in a variety of environments with a variety of supporting gear. The results might look different if everything was connected to a single system in a single room, but even then it might just be better synergy between the other components and any given speaker.