musc hall cd-25?

Just1n20

I have had my MH cd-25 for about 8 months now and have no regrets...I was comparing, considering a Rega, an Arcam and Cambridge Audio and to my ears really couldn't tellmuch diference. I was able to get a new in box B-stock unit for $375 so at that price looked real good...even at full pop probably would have got it...I replaced a NAD 521 which was decent but flimsy...it broke after about 14 months...the HDCD does add a richer and fuller sound but honestly I don't have that many HDCDs...hope this helps a bit...Mark

ya i dont know a load of HDCDs but most of my favorite cds happen to be, either way i figure since they are why not get a cd player that has HDCD decoding, it cant hurt the sound. and its not like i buy HDCDs for the encoding.

what interconnects are you using? do you have any mods to the player? i've seen some at Response Audio. i'd probably buy it from them because they do a free mini-mod type deal with it through them. then there is the tube mod that they have that seems pretty sweet, maybe someday i could get that when i have the money for modifications like that.... thanks for the input.

Response Audio is probably a great place to get this unit...Bill did the mods on my Jolida (which were wonderful) and is a super

guy to do business with. I have not heard his mods on the Music Hall and I know I kinda waffled about them myself. I sort of bought the Music Hall with those mods in mind as opposed to the new Jolida CD player which is very nice but more money upfront. As to IC's, I use Signal Cable Analog 2sw/bullet plugs...I have listened to many,many ICs and for the money these cant be beat. Signal is on Agon.