any problems with refurb 4.1s from eCost?

calam63

Ok, here is my experience with them. I ordered them on a Monday, and received them on Thursday. I got them all set up, and they did not work. They were DOA. So I called them, and then they said to call Klipsch and see if they would repair them, so I did, but they were already closed. I hate doing this at the end of the week because I wouldnt be able to ship them until Monday. So on Friday morning, I called Klipsch, and they said that they would take them, but they also wanted me to check first to see if eCost.com would honor their warranty. eCost did not open until 8, the same time I had to be at school. So when I got out, around 3:30, I called them. We got everything set up until see adked for my credit card number. What they were going to do was charge my account for another $125 until they received mine, and then they would credit it back. I did not like the idea of charging me $250 with no speakers. So I called Klipsch back, and we got everything set up and they were going to pay for the shipping and everything, until they asked me when I bought them. Then they said they couldnt take them until 30 days after the day of purchase. After this, I was really PO'ed. Then I thought that the problem with these things couldnt have been that hard. So I took the amp out and sure enough, EVERYTHING was unhooked. I hooked it back up and now it works beautiffully. Now, there was another dude on here that bought his off of eCost.com, and he didnt have any problems. So, Good Luck! I hope this helped...

EDIT: Oh, also, the have a very bad reputation with the BBB. They screw around alot of people.

• 2 weeks later...

Just called eCost. 63 people on backorder for the 4.1 refurb. 300 units to arrive at the warehouse on March 13th. Free shipping, no tax, $5.95 processing fee. 1% discount for ebates.com registered users.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received mine yesterday from eCost. Unpacked it today. Perfect condition except for a tiny bit of tape residue on a speaker cable (goo off did the job!) & one satellite without rubber contacts on bottom. Sounds perfect! Going to break in all night long with Led Zeppelin at 10 oclock volume.

I just got a set of Promedia 4.1 remanufactured through MacMall, on the suggestion of my rep (Kenneth x4462) and I am nearly suffering spasms of ecstasy over their quality. Spotless cases, new, heavy duty wiring (with plenty of length) and an unbelievable sound. They are easily five times better than I expected, and I expected a lot. Though I got them for less, I think they were listed at PC/MacMall for $118. After hearing them, I would have no problem anteing up the $300 new retail price. I am going to call up a music-loving friend of mine and have her order a set.