Online games: your suggestions

MythLink

I broke down and bought a new computer. No more 200 mhz, windows 95, and 28k max connection to slow me down.14.gif

So what I would like to know is, what are your suggestions for online games? I like FPS and RTS games. After being part of a 2D game called ARC for the last 5 1/2 years I would prefer a community with as little trash talking as possible. Is the Xbox online community worth the 50 bucks a year? I have plenty of games for that. I remember seeing m00n post something about looking for online gamers once. Any help would be appreciated. Also I would try games of any genre if the community is right.

Thank you

Far as FPS go Halo rules. On the computer I like Half Life: Counter Strike (I know its old). Long as you don't mind not being able to use a head set, you don't need to subscribe to Xbox live. You can use a free tunnel service to hook up through at

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml

IMO Warcraft III Expansion is the best RTS, but I have not looked around for any others. I don't really participate in the communities so I have no idea how much trash talking goes on.