Importance of placement of rear speakers....

armenin

I was wondering how important it is to place the rear 2 satellites actually behing you if you are listening mostly music? I think that placing them behind you would only be better for games and such.

I'm just wondering this because I'm debating buying speaker stands so that I can place the satellites behind me or just continue to keep all 4 in front.

Can anyone else comment?

thanks

Armenin,

In my opinion having the rear speakers in back of you is most important in games and movies where they actually pump different sounds through the different speakers. A CD is going to put the same sound in the rear speakers that comes out of the front speakers so having them all in front of you isn't going to make a big difference. I'm sure the more experienced guys would be able to elaborate on it more. Like I said this is just my opinion and I could be totally off.

the 4.1 are actually built for gamers in mind, the four channels are actually producing invididual sound when a quad signal is passed through the amp. If u intent to pass a stereo source through it and placeing the rear speaker in front is as good as using a 2.1, if thats the case, why not just stick with a 2.1 system? Get a pair of stands and place the rear behind u then u'll hear the real 4.1