How to connect 2 computers to Pro 4.1's

Escape

I have 2 computers and want to connect them to my Pro 4.1's. I tried using simple Y adaptors but the sound cards signal compete with each other degrading the sound quality. I have seen posts on this subject and people have mentioned some sort of op-amp mixer switch that would work. Can someone please elobrate on this type of switch with details on who makes and where I can buy one or if some other type of adaptor would work. Someone mentioned labtec made a switch. I checked out their website and could not find one. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you try running the output of one sound card to the input of the other? Unfortunately, that probably would only work for two of the four channels. (Come to think of it, if you could live with two channels, you could just use the green plug for one computer, and the purple for your other one).

An 8-in, 4-out mixer would be cool; but don't know of anything outside of pro gear that would work. You could do your own mixer, I suppose. If that interests you, you might start here: http://www.epanorama.net/audiocircuits.html#mixer

Good luck!

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665