KG-4 VS> RS-7

raist679

I was wondering what your take is on this. I currently am using a pair of KG-4's for surrounds. I found a great deal on some RS-7's. they would match the rest of my 7 series speaker, but would it be worth it to switch? I don't have room to go 7.1 or I would just use both. I think I'm going to save some cash and keep my current KG-4's. However i was wondering if anybody else would have an opinion on this.

I suppose the answer lies in wether you watch more movies or listen to music more.

The RS-7's would work better for movies.

I don't know how well the KG4's blend with the 7 series, it's been about 13 years or so since I had KG4's. If I was you, I'd be tempted to go for the RS-7's if it's a good deal if only because they are made to match the RF-7's and RC-7 you already have.

Thanks for the input. i am usually watching more movies than listening to music. HOwever I just bought a new DVD player which is SACD and DVD-A compatible. The balance may shift some on that. The timbre mismatch between the 7 series and my KG-4's is not too bad and it doesn't really bother me.