Stupid question. I can't get my rear speakers working!

I'm sure you guys see this alot ubt i searched and couldn't see a topic about it recently. I recently purchased some 4.1's and set them up today. The front two work perfectly as well as the sub. But i can't get the rear 2 working. All speakers work fine if used in the front position and i've tried setting Windows to sorround sound in the Sound Options under Control Panel. I don't know what else to do since i'm fairly certain everything is hooked up correctly. My soundcard is built into my Soyo K7V Dragon+ motherboard and it's 5.1 compatible. Any help appreciated, thanks.

music is only 2 channel sound, in order to create 4 channel sound (or more) you need to enable some kind or channel expander or logic algorithm. Most sound cards have something to do this, some mp3 players like foobar2000 can do it too.

you may have pluged it in wrong, the purple wire on the 4.1's needs to go into the black output port on your sound card. Your DVD may not work bceause you dont have a decoder and the DVD has to have dolby digital or dts.

I've been messing aroudn with my settings and I'm wathcing a DVD on windows media player. When i go into the sound options here it gives me the Mono, Stereo and Dolby Sorround option but the 2 speaker output bullet is checked and i can't change it. below it i see the 3d sound, 4 speakers, 5.1 speakers and enable S/PDIF options but they are greyed out and i can't access them. Might this be the root of my problem?

download foobar2000

google search it.

open it up and click on the "Foobar2000" buttom, then click "preferences"

on the left on that menu look down and find the "PlayBack" menu and expand it, Then right below that you should see "DSP manager" Click that once.

Then on the left you will a number of DSP to select from and the Active DSP, move "Convert setero to 4 channels" Into the active dsp menu then click "close"

load up one of your mp3's and see if you get 4 channel sound.