RCR-5's Install Help or Tips?

slowjoe24

Hey Guy's, I'm finnaly getting around to installing my surrounds this week (RCR-5's). Anybody got any tips or lessons learned that they could share before I install them???

Additional Info:

Room is approx. 18ft. x 19ft. with a smooth 9ft. ceiling! The room has carpet and a ressed bookcase on the left side of the room and a fireplace on the right side of the rrom.

I'm running the RF-7's as fronts and the RC-7 as my center. My plan is to mount them above my couch approx. 10ft. apart. and angle the tweeters in slightly towards the couch. Is this okay??

PS: Are the RCR-5's made to be installed in the ceiling with no inclosure behind them? Just attic space? or should I build some small inclosures around them in the attic? I think I read on this site before them some of you have built tubes to go around them in the attic to give it an enhanced sound.......................true?

Any help would be great. Thanks, Joe

I also e-mailed the Klipsch Tech. guy and he said they were designed to be used as open air behind them in the attic? Anybody have real world pros vs. cons of trying them with and without a back enclosure?

They sound great so far, but I have not had time to tweak them with the AV Reciever settings yet.

Thanks

PS: I'll post pics soon!

After I have had time to tweek them, I'll keep you posted, but so far I love them! I watched Star Wars Ep. I and the Pod race was great!! I want to watch Saving Private Ryan and hear the opening beach scene......in a good system they say you will want to duck when the bullits fly!

Don't have the grills on yet until I decide where to point the tweeters. I'll post you some better pics soon.

Thanks, Joe

• 2 weeks later...

So the RCR-5's are designed to work without enclosures? I'm considering putting 4 surrounds in the ceiling of my new home. The attic is very high so there would be nothing behind the speaker - just insulation and air until you hit the roof about 30' up. Thanks.

Do you notice anything odd about the sound by having the rears in the ceiling?? Did you do 2,3 or 4.

Been considering going the same route but putting some RCWs in the walls - even though they'd be a little high - seems like a better option. Considering a 6.1 option to aid in producing a more fluid sound field.

What made you get the RCR5s over the RCR3s? Just wondersing - it's seems a lot of people mention that very little is needed from rear speakers but then put in large rears. Not that RCR5s are that big but I think i've read several posts where people had floorstanding speakers as rears.

So Far So good!!! I just have two surrounds.

I decided on the RCR-5's due to the fact that I wanted to keep the Ref. series speakers and I figured that bigger was better! I had no room for shelf speakers because my couch sits against the wall! I took a chance on the ceiling mounts and I think I am going to be happy for my taste I guess everyone needs to my your own choices on sound and placement of the speakers.

I'll post more photos soon!

Good luck. Joe16.gif