i'm a little confused about monster cable

deaf guy

hi i'm planning on changing my speaker wire and i was wondering what kind of 16 guage wire you guys used for yours and what about monster cable i can't seem to find the gauge #. does monster cables have a gauge #? how much feet should i get?

oh yeah about the 1/8" plugs where can i get those?

are bannana plugs teh saem thing?

should i be looking for 16 gauge wire? oh yeah one more question how much did it cost for the finished product?

------------------

bass beats melody

Contrary to what some blow hards say, 18 ga. wire is plenty fine enough for 60 watts of power. But if you want pretty then 16 ga. is good for that. Monster cable is set in ga. too yes, but the standard off the spool at the local electronics store is good too. If you don't believe me have a peep at the wire inside any speaker to see how small it is so a fire hose feeding a garden hose is not really any better no ??!! Also the cd audio wire to sound card I think is 24 ga. so 16 is overkill. Bananna is totally different than 1/8 phono jacks. A hobby store will have 24K. 1/8 audio jacks for sale cheap I believe. The lenght, well..... impossible to determine without seeing your set up. Remember go as short as you physically can, shorter speaker cables are better.