Low freq. room gain calculator?

whadyasay

Hello All,

Aside from the obvious method of using reference tones and an SPL meter, are there any online resources that can somehow give you estimates of freq. peaks (especially for low end/sunbwoofers) depending on your room dimensions? Perhaps something than you can plug in numbers that correlate to your dimensions, in my case one with an alcove that can't be closed off. I have a disc with test tones that go all the way down to 20Hz, but they're in 10hz increments, so I'm wondering if I'll be missing things in between. I'm planning on getting a Behringer Feedback Destroyer, so it would be nice to have some figures to try out that I may not be able to test with the tones that I have.

----------------

On 3/14/2004 2:01:26 AM whadyasay wrote:

Hello All,

Aside from the obvious method of using reference tones and an SPL meter, are there any online resources that can somehow give you estimates of freq. peaks (especially for low end/sunbwoofers) depending on your room dimensions? Perhaps something than you can plug in numbers that correlate to your dimensions, in my case one with an alcove that can't be closed off. I have a disc with test tones that go all the way down to 20Hz, but they're in 10hz increments, so I'm wondering if I'll be missing things in between. I'm planning on getting a Behringer Feedback Destroyer, so it would be nice to have some figures to try out that I may not be able to test with the tones that I have.
----------------

There's the RRC program you can download for free. I tried it many different times but it never came close to my measured response. I guess there's too many variables to consider.