RP5'S, RS-3's& KLF-C7? Also, POP noise??

Aes

2 Questions:

I recently purchased 2 RP5's, 4 RS-3's (surround and rear surrounds), and 1 KLF-C7 (recommended by the dealer). After reading a bit about matched speaker problems, my question is does the KLF-C7 Center channel work sell with the RP5s and RS-3's???

second question:

I had my RP5's hooked up via line-in and high in (Line-in connected to sub-out on my Pioneer Elite VSX-37TX receiver). I cranked it up a little above reference level and when some massive bass came on i heard a series of pop's, sounded like fire crackers. Doesnt seem that anything is damaged but I dont think it should do that, any suggestions? Should i be plugging into LFE rather than line? Should I have both the High connected and the line or lfe???

Thanks!

aes, the rc-3 is actually the klipsch recommended voice/timbre match for the rp & rs, but maybe the c-7 sounds ok to you and/or w/ a lil adjustment on the center channel on your pioneer. the c-7 is definitely brighter/louder than the rc-3.

set your pioneer sub:yes & hook w/ line cables only the rp lfe ins to your pioneer sub out(s). don't hook up the rp line inputs. also u can leave those gold straps on the rp high-low speaker terminals or replace them w/ speaker wire.

u can probably just leave the rp bass contour (output)

knob all the way down or flat but adjust up if u prefer

and/or it doesn't cause the sub woofers to bottom out/distort like it sounds was happening.

also, u should probably set the front, as well as the center & rear/surrounds, to small on your pioneer , but maybe try w/ large settings to see if u hear a positive

dif. shouldn't hear any dif on the front rp w/ the straps on. & of course connect the high posts of the rp speaker level to the front speaker posts of your pioneer.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!