Finally :D :D

Kier

Woke up this morning to find a yummy new set of ProMedia 4.1 speakers arriving at my door...

Been waiting since the release of v2.400 for a set of ProMedia over here in the UK, and now I've got em cwm12.gif

These replace my old Boston Acoustics MediaTheater... which someone was asking about in another topic here, and my verdict? The ProMedias and the Bostons are in a totally different league. There really is no comparison.

The first thing that struck me about the ProMedia system (after I nearly killed myself with the volume... I was totally unprepared for the noise these suckers pump out,) was the fantastic sound field they produce. With the Boston speakers, even with the surround speaker attached, it was very easy to close your eyes and point exactly to one of the speakers as the source of the sound. When I tried the same with the 4.1s (even with the rears turned right off, tobe fair to the Bostons), I ended up pointing in completely the wrong place. These are the most 'invisible' multimedia speakers I have ever heard.

I'm currently going through a few of my favourite CDs and DVDs, listening to choice pickings, and I am repeatedly taken aback as as the vocals kick in, or the music reach a bridge, and the ProMedias paint yet another layer of sound across the air.

Love them Smile.gif (much nicer than those icky Digitheater DTS speakers I played with last week...)