forte II vs.KLF 20

uscin

Hi everyone!I got myself Forte II lately and I am very happy with the sound,they are amazing speakers-true classic.But I must admit that I was aiming originally at KLF-20's.So I got Fortes kind of by accident(on ebay) and although I don't intend to replace them,I was kinda wondering if somebody had a chance to compare those two models?Care to share your thoughts(or-and measurements)?Thanks.

my system:

Forte II,Yamaha: RX-V1300,CDC 625,KX-730R,EQ-70

Panasonic PV 9664,Phillips DVD-623,Hitachi 55-UX58B,

Paradigm:SE11MK II, Atom,CC-70

• 9 months later...

Greetings.

I have owned a pair of FORTE II speakers since the early 1990's and love them to death. In about 1996 I bought a pair of KLF-20's for my basement family room. I felt they were the closest thing to my FORTE's at a reasonable cost.

Around 2000 I downsized my living quarters and had to sell one pair of speakers. It took me about 3 seconds to decide to keep the FORTE II's . (I found a local buyer for the KLF's pretty easily.)

My advice is don't be too quick to sell the FORTE II's. They are some of the best built, power efficient, smooth sounding speakers ever made.

Rock on in STEREO!

My gear: KLIPSCH FORTE II (circa 1990), ADCOM GTP-450 Pre-amp, ADCOM GFA-545 II amplifier, ADCOM GCD-750 CD player, NAKAMICHI 681ZX cassette deck (circa 1983), TASCAM 302 Mk2 dual well cassette deck, SONY MDS JE-330 MiniDisc recorder/player. All gear (except the speakers) are housed in a 72" custom built aluminum rack.

----------------

On 3/20/2004 11:51:17 AM uscin wrote:

Hi everyone!I got myself Forte II lately and I am very happy with the sound,they are amazing speakers-true classic.But I must admit that I was aiming originally at KLF-20's.So I got Fortes kind of by accident(on ebay) and although I don't intend to replace them,I was kinda wondering if somebody had a chance to compare those two models?Care to share your thoughts(or-and measurements)?Thanks.

my system:

Forte II,Yamaha: RX-V1300,CDC 625,KX-730R,EQ-70

Panasonic PV 9664,Phillips DVD-623,Hitachi 55-UX58B,

Paradigm:SE11MK II, Atom,CC-70

----------------