Klipsch Quitet II vs Infinity TSS-750

TSAdmiral

I finally decided to upgrade to more decent speakers and I'm comparing various sat/sub combinations. My budget is about $1000 and I've come down to two distinct products I am deciding between. I did some research online and have read favorable reviews for both the Quintet II and the Infinity TSS-750. In addition, both of these brands are reputable, though it seems Klipsch is more controversial. My living room has an area of about 225 squared feet.

I have heard that the horns on the Klipschs can make sound appear "bright" or "aggressive." What exactly does that mean? Does the horn noticibly distort the treble or make it too high or something? Now I'm not an expert with speaker systems and would like some help deciding between these two. Of course, I'm planning on purchasing the Quintets with the KSW-10 if I do decide to go Klipsh. What are the primary pros and cons of these two sets?

How do the Quintets compare with Infinity's MMD cones? Supposedly MMD reduces distortion and provides accurate sound reproduction whereas I have heard Klipsh horns distort or "brighten" the sound. Which speaker has a more solid mid-range? Do the horns give an advantage over MMD cones in treble? Which subwoofer produces better bass performance? I plan on using the new speaker set (whatever that may be) for movies. Occasionally I may decide to play some music with them. On this note, which is the better performer overall?

I also heard some good things about Polk. Can anyone point out a comparable Polk sub/sat set with these two within my budget? Anyone recommend Polk?