setting up new room

BruinsFan

Never owned Klipsch speakers before. Building a new house and the contractor for the low voltage uses Klipsch. Wanting to take as much advantage speaker placement while the house is being built.

The room in question is 19x19x9. There are several exits from the room - so it's fairly open. Because of the exits (archways) and window plancements - you can't really put rear speakers in the sidewalls or rear wall. I don't want them on stands - so the ceiling seems like the only option. Going with RCR-5 for rears then.

how much do I look by putting them in the ceiling?? Is this a really poor option? Just for point of reference I have Energy speakers now and the rears are dipoles currently on speaker stands.

What speakers (fronts, center, sub) would then work best with the RCR-5 and the room size? Music and moview are equally important. I don't listen to music blast music too often - but want to "wow" company. Movies is where I usually test the speakers a bit more. I don't want to just throw the biggest speaker in the room and have it be overkill it.

I currently run an Yamaha reciever (but will probably upgrade) with Energy speakers all around. The fronts have dual 6.5 inch drivers. The Sub is an 8" front firing. I don't think the 8" can keep pace with the fronts - should've gone with the 10" but that rarely comes up.

Don't get me wrong - I like the energy speakers (they are mid-range models) - not sure how they compare to Klipsh - I just can't put the rears in the walls and they'll work good in the bonus room 9.gif

not sure i've determined that - but I'd be willing to go fairly high if it's worth it.

I went to a local dealer and tried out a few. I'm looking at the RF5 for fronts, RC35 center and RSW12. And of course the RCR5 would be in the ceiling.

I liked the RF7 - but their quite big. Checked out RF15, 25, 35 - but the RF5 sounded the best in my opinion. The RC35 seems to match up well. The RSW12 was the only RSW series they had. 12 seems big to me - RSW10 might be fine - not sure.

Didn't see any reason to put a bookshelf speaker on a stand - seems like a floorstand style is best option.

If that all make sense - then I'm still concerned about the use of the rears in the ceiling. Not sure how that will sound. Would consider a 6.1 or 7.1 setup if i knew more about them and if they are worth it.