Is there a Difference in Yamaha HTR and RX recievers?

WhalerCane

I've heard confilicting reports on this one. I've been told that the specs and internals for these two lines, the HTR and the RX are the same. That basically yamaha put a new front on the RX's and uped the price, but there is no difference. Does anyone have any information on this.

Also, I no that it is mostly personal taste, but does anyone have an opinion as to which would drive my new RP-5's better, a Yamaha or a Denon 3801. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate a Denon dealer in my area to check them out.

Thanks

This message has been edited by WhalerCane on 07-02-2001 at 05:41 PM

WhalerCane, I have read on Yamaha's website that the two are the same. One is meant for retail distribution, the other sold directly through Yamaha, I believe. I did not think there was a price difference between the two.

By the way I have the HTR 5240 and get pronounced hiss when playing in 5.1 mode ... just a little warning.

If you go to Yamaha's website and navigate to the home audio section, there is a FAQ option. There you will find an answer to this specific question. The bottom line (as I understand it) is that they both come down the same assembly line. The HTR series has a more "decorative" (whatever!!) face plate and is sold in the more commercial A/V stores (Best Buy). Whereas the RXV series is sold in the higher end A/V stores.

ROCK ON!!