4.1 (I think its been awhile) annoyance

mylz17

I purchased my set of Klipsch's way way back. I'm pretty sure its the 4.1 (4 sats + sub. All the sats connect to the 1 sat that has the volume, surround and subwoofer controls. And them from that 1 sat is a bigger wire that connects everything to my sub which houses my amp. I ordered these way back when you had to go on a waiting list to get your klipsch pc speakers. I didn't have the horror story that others did (months and months of waiting)... mine arrived in about 2-3 weeks after my confirmation email.

Anyway. This has been an ongoing annoyance. When I use my volume control knob I get a crackle through all the speakers. My friend says it is dust, but I have no clue how to go about getting into that area to clean my control vol. control knob. It's been like this for 2 years, I've dealt with it. Any suggestions?

Also my speakers just developed a very minor hiss. I believe it has something to do with the wires connecting my sats together. If i play with the wires a bit the hiss goes away. It's not that huge of a problem as I basically have to put my ear up next to the sats to hear the hiss. Any chance of getting replacement wires? Or what I should look for at a radioshack?

Other than those above listed minor annoyances, I have been a proud and happy owner of my Klipsch pro-media system :) Great product.

I don't have the "detached" control pod. Mine is built in under the one sat, with 3 knobs. I saw the newer 4.1's, or maybe its the 5.1's and they have a seperate control pod with push button controls and a LED number display that shows the volume.

I've browsed this site, where can I find a replacement parts section?