SVS Ultra

RWMIN

I have got to have one of these. OH my God! If my wife didn't have my credit card I would order it this second. Shes going to hit the roof when she finds out about this sucker. I know, I'll have her call T.V. and tell him to stop making such incredible subs that we just can't live without.

This message has been edited by RWMIN on 07-07-2001 at 12:14 PM

RWMIN, divorce and circumstance have given me the experience of having lived without the wife and without the sub... I think I prefer living without the sub... but then again, the first shipment of CS-Ultra's has just gone out and mine will not arrive 'till next week. cwm12.gif HornEd

PS: I just had to edit this with my belief that one should get the best quality sub his marriage can afford... it will bring out the best in any Klipsch set you have! And in fairness, my favorite ex did enjoy a couple of decades of K-horns... and still does!

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-07-2001 at 12:20 PM

I was selling my Vel HGS 12 and my wife pretty much put an end to that. She loves the sound from that little sub. I keep telling her to trust me but she wants that Vel. Anyway after reading up on that new sub from SVS, the Velodyne's history. I know she'll approve once she see's and hears it but first I have got to get my credit card from her.

Now I understand a bit more, RWMIN, a Vel HGS is in my top ten of favorite subs... although I am prone to the 18" variety that Boa's Mr. Fixit Shoppe blew. It is my expectation that the CS-Ultra will go beyond the soul stirring joy of a Vel HGS. Single tube CS-Ultras are now available at far less than the Twin I ordered... and you can power it with a wide variety of amps... and, perhaps, add on as you both enjoy the results. If it doesn't work out, you can always sell. You have to wait for an SVS... and you are far more likely to see a favorable review than a listing to sell on eBay.

Then again, it may be all smoke and mirrors... I'll let you know next week. cwm15.gif HornEd

PS: Don't forget the promise of a "dynomite" Klipsch sub in the Fall.

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-07-2001 at 12:32 PM

Well, my wife and I have already tried the first "dynomite" Klipsch subs and my wife constantly reminds me of it. Everytime I mention upgrading our Velodyne to a larger Vel or another sub she makes reference to the difference in quality from past (Klipsch LF 10's) to present (Velodyne).

I have been waiting for the new line of subs but I don't have near as much hope in them as I did in the beginning (LF series).

I would love to have an HGS 18". End of sub upgrades with that one IMO but at that price it really is not an option. I have had a bunch of people willing to pay $1000 for my HGS 12" so that leaves me less then $500 out of my pocket for the CS-Ultra with 1000 amp and Vel 18" performance(?)...

I can't wait to hear what you think about your combo!

Well, RWMIN, July 12th is the day UPS says the new Twin CS-Ultras land on my doorstep. I hope they land better than the last set of KLF 30's I had shipped here. Hopefully, my new custom made motor board for converting a KLF 30 into an awesome horizontal center speaker will be close behind.

I am going to try a 6.1 system with six KLF 30's (center, mains, sides and rear center), Twin CS-Ultra subs flanking the mains, and inverted, high-mounted, KLF 10's flanking the subs.

And then I will turn my attention to the Cornwalls & KSW 15 for the new downstairs music/computer room with its subterranean garden view. Since my son now only has to physically go to work two consecutive days every two weeks and telecommutes the other work days, it looks like he will be using that new room a lot more often. Life is good... now if Klipsch could only make it better and start shipping Heritages! cwm32.gif HornEd

PS: My best to the wife, looks like you've got a keeper! (Oops, I meant that in the better sense cwm34.gif)

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-07-2001 at 04:29 PM