sacd/dvd audio

big c

I will upgrade to a universal player in a couple of weeks (denon 2200). But my ? is about my set up (fronts rp3 center rc3 surrounds rs3) I am thinking of replaceing my surrounds for the rf25 or two rc3 in a vertical position on stands. Would this be better for sacd and dvd audio play back having two 6.5 vs one 6.5 on the rs3. I hope this makes sence. 3.gif

This really depends on your personal preference. Some people will tell you that the dispersed sound for the rear channels offer a more enveloping and pleasant listening experience with a more broad "sweet spot" than the directed speakers.

I've done some listening as I'm looking to replace some speakers for the multi-channel listening, and I've listend to Mirage Omnisats and Gallo Nucleus spheres (small satellite speakers). I prefer the directed spheres over the dispersed Omnisats, but that's only for music. For movies, the omnisats gave me a fuller listening experience.

You should go to a local audio shop and take a listen.

-Hungmeister

Funny that we went through almost the same options ;) I too was upgrading my surround speakers last year (from Klipsch Quintets) and decided to explore alternatives. After a few visits to AV stores in my area, I more or less decided to get Klipsch RB5-IIs but prior to that wanted to listen to some omnipolar speakers and got a pair of Mirage OMNI60 bookshelves (they are much larger than Omnisats). I was really impressed by their sound and the surround soundstage they created in the rear. It was very impressive in both movies and music. I also brought a pair of RB5s as well, so I did some A/B comparison, thanks to the Denon receiver A and B surround speaker terminals I could switch from one set to another on the fly. With RB5s the surround soundstage was much less obvious, but they won big time due to their sonic match to my front array of RF3s and RC3-II. So, in the end, I returned Omnis to the store and kept RB5s.