RF-3IIs not meeting my needs for those occational high SPLs

Pistol Pete

I got my Parasound HCA-1500A last Wednesday and today (Sunday) is my first full day off since then so today I plan to give it a good run and decide what sort of difference it has made.

As it stands I think it had made enough difference that its doubtful any other component upgrades are going to help my situation, I believe my room is the remainding factor and there is only so much I can do there.

I have decided against doing any crossover upgrades because I just dont want to go that route. I'd rather invest some time in building some speakers if I do decide to get rid of these at some point.

I am going to start another thread because I have taken some pics of the guts of all my amps which others that are not interested in this thread may want to see.

Here is the link.......

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bentvalve/index.htm

• 1 month later...

Update:

The HCA-1500A did not work ..although it certainly did help and I am keeping it.

I also thought I had the issue somewhat handled with an old Sony ES CD player I had.

So to sum it up here is what I have tried so far:

~5 different sources including an esoteric external DAC

Various room treatments and speaker placments

Power conditioning and better quality cables

Turning down the treble on my receiver.

BTW I have a Yamaha RX-V3300 receiver not a Denon as some people above think...I used to have a Denon when I first got into HT and they just are not my cup of tea.

Anways there is only one thing left to to before I give up on the Klipschs...change out my beloved RX-V3300. I think most people would not consider getting rid of the Yamaha because its a real sweetie but I want to keep the Klipschs.

So I bought an Aragon Soundstage Pre-amp to replace the Yamaha, by all accounts this is about as good a match for the Klipschs as I will ever find.

I'll have it in a week or so and will post an update afterwards.l