NAD PP2 vs. .....Numark PPD 9000 ???????

The specs for the Numark are a little vague but does anyone have an opinion on this? I have a NAD PP2 and I am looking at replacing my DJ mixer and then I could utilize the Balanced XLR output to my M-Audio Balanced input. I emailed Numark asking for RIAA response and whether the SNR was A-Weighted with cart. or w/o.

NAD PP2 specs:

Input impedance (R and C)

100 ohms + 180pF

47k ohms + 220pF

Gain at 1kHz

60dB

35dB

Input sensitivity ref. 200mV output

0.2mV

3.5mV

Signal/Noise ratio (A weighted, with cartridge)

78dB

80dB

(Unweighted, with cartridge)

73dB

70dB

Input overload 20Hz/1kHz/20kHz

0.8/9/84mV

10/102/950mV

Rated distortion (THD 20Hz - 20kHz)

0.03%

0.03%

RIAA response accuracy

±0.3dB

±0.3dB

Numark PPD-9000:

Phono Input To Master (Booth & Zone) Output

SNR A-Weighted: 92db

THD: <.01%

The THD for Line input to Balanced Output is .007%.

LOL!!! (just following instructions)

Cant help on any of this sadly - looks kinda like pro gear and I have never played with any of that stuff. Those pF figures look rather high to me for a standard (not that I know anything) but most of the carts I have played with run at either 50 or 100 - may be a bit limiting on your options...

Tom,

I really haven't even had a chance to use it yet. Waiting for a cable right now as I am out of cables since one is trashed and I am not going to waste my time fixing it since it was crap to begin with.

NAD makes great stuff so I purchased it online for 99$ new at Upstate Audio in NY.

This mixer intrigues me. I need to get more details on it. I have lots of sources and like to make mixes a lot.

Jon

Can someone shed a little light on this topic? The mixer I use now has this spec. for phono input 47ohm: 1.5 mv rms sensitivity @ 1kHz

Now the NAD specs for the MM half of the phono stage are 3.5mv sens.

My Ortofon X5-MC is a 2mv cart.

Here is an attachment of the overview. And here is some stuff from that overview. I could use my SPDIF on my Denon CD1500 finally. I know it doesn't have too much bearing but this listed for about 1K; the Denon model like this goes for 500$.

5{l and analog I/O. S/PDIF digital will interface with Numarks TTX turntable, CDN90, AXIS 9, and other digital gear _Vintage/Contemporary style input limiter combines look-ahead peak limiting and vintage tube warmth on master _Alesis® Sub-Bass synthesis and subwoofer out _Dual EQ/filter mode on each channel, EQ on mic inputs, talkover on DJ mic _Fully interchangeable and replaceable digital faders with slope control _Headphone cue assignable to booth output _Intuitive monitor send/return, programmable fader start _INPUT/OUTPUT: _4 Phono / 8 Line / 4 S/PDIF digital stereo inputs (RCA) _2x mic preamp (1/4-XLR neutrik combo jack) _Master out (XLR balanced, RCA Unbalanced) with rear mounted analog master gain reduction _Record out (RCA analog, S/PDIF digital) _Booth out (1/4 unbalanced) _Zone out (1/4 unbalanced) _Sub woofer out (mono, 1/4 unbalanced) with adjustable LP filter _Send/return (stereo, 1/4 unbalanced) _FIDELITY SPECIFICATIONS: _>100dB SNR (weighted), full path _Frequency response: 10Hz-20kHz +/-0.5dB _<0.005% THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) _Premium quality, low noise op-amps _DIGITAL SPECIFICATIONS: _24-bit, 48kHz AD/DA Converters _24-bit, Digital Signal Processing _Dual Mode Digital Filter, Digital Faders/Pots _Programmable 3-band EQ _Low Pass/Band Pass/High Pass with swe

PPD9000 overview.pdf

TKeady,

I may be selling my NAD. It's brand new from Upsate Audio in NY with warranty. I may also have for sale some silver RCA cables; Zaolla 1ft rca>rca and also I have same length in rca>1/4". If I do sell the NAD it would be to get my money back ..about 105$ shipped. You could even return it if you didn't like it, or possibly even just try it for while. Although I need to sell a bunch of stuff to buy this mixer....: )

Jon