FYI: Denon 2805 now listed on Denon's USA site

kenratboy

I have read on another forum that all Denon receivers and DVD players will be replaced by new models over the next year. The XX05 series of receivers will replace all older models gradually.

I expect the Denon 5803A to be replaced due to compettion from Pioneer and Yamaha, but it may be several months before it happens. If the 3805 sells better due to the auto-calibration system, a better version will show up on Denon's flagship replacement.

Bill

Huh? Where are you getting this info from? There will be no replacement for the 5803 this year at all. CES had some new Denon gear but that is at a very high price point. All info I get is straight from Denon in New Jersey, not from a forum.

I might be wrong, but my hunch is that MrMcGoo was referring to what a Denon rep, DenonJeff posted on the AVS Forum that this year there will be released several new receivers, starting with 3805. Here is the quote: "However I can say that we are replacing the entire line of receivers (7 total models) and all new DVD lineup (5 total models). All will be released starting now with the AVR-3805 on through to October - most will be out by the end of summer."

• 1 month later...