-------Promedia 4.1 amp info request------

What is the crossover freg of sub/sat? Does klipsch use any low end freg boost in the sub amp circuit, if so what hrtz? Does Klipsch incorperate a rumble filter to protect the sub, and if so what is the cut off freg? What is the RMS output of the sub circuit? I am using a larger different sub with the promedia amp powering it, I think the amp is cutting off the extreme low freg. I would like to modify. thanks for your help

hummmmmmmmmm... GOOD QUESTIONS. I can answer some of your questions. I think the sub is 70 contiuous power.high frequency crossover is at 5khz. What kind of range do you want to modify to? less than 30 hz? Why not buy a add on sub that goes lower? If you modify you will void your warrenty.

goodluck,

scp539.gif2.gif

Thanks for the reply. I have the amp pushing a 12" klipsch woofer, its sounds good except that its tuned for dual 6.5" woofers. As for the warranty, I have had them for quite some time now. If anybody is wondering it plays semi loud, about 50% as loud as the orginal KSW12 amp, fine for computer games (never bottoms out like 6.5 did sometimes) as I sit 4 ft from it. Also the plate amp fits perfectly into the KSW12 amp cut out, so it looks nice.